Skip to main content

Visa and residence permit

Visa and residence permit

EU/EEA citizens can enter Croatia with just a valid ID card (or passport) and then need to register for a RESIDENCE PERMIT at the Central police station if their stay exceeds 90 days. 


NON-EU/EEA citizens coming from a country that has a visa-regime with the Republic Croatia
need to apply for a visa via the Croatian embassy in their home country before departing for Croatia. They apply for the residence permit in Zagreb.

Check with the Croatian embassy in your country of residence which documentation you will need for your RESIDENCE PERMIT application in Zagreb.



Ulica Vjekoslava Klaića 7, 10000 Zagreb, tel. 01/3764200 fax. 01/3764264